Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Is This For Real?


One of my favourite cities is New York.  I spent two summers there as a seminarian working in a parish on Staten Island - Holy Child, being mentored by a wonderful priest, Fr Tom Devery.  After a year in Maynooth (the less said the better), it was a relief to see a good priest at work.  Fr Tom is now working as a vicar for clergy for the Archdiocese of New York - the perfect job for a man with a huge, priestly heart. 

Every Wednesday, my day off, I hopped on the ferry to spend the day in Manhattan.  The sight of the Statue of Liberty became a familiar one, as did the Twin Towers during my first summer (they were gone for my second).  Well it seems the Statue of Liberty may well go the way of the Twin Towers if this article on an Islamic website is to be believed.  Reading the article I have to ask myself, is this for real?  Have a look at the rest of the website.   This video is prominent:


No comments:

Post a Comment