Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Prayers Please

 
Could I ask your prayers, please?  On Saturday at our Community meeting in Belfast I was elected president of my Carmelite Community.  In the Secular Order the president is the equivalent of the Prior/Prioress.
 
I was not expecting it, nor to be honest was I keen to accept it - while I am all for Diocesan priests becoming members of the Secular Order, I was not so keen on a priest being the president since it is for the most part the lay branch of Discalced Carmel.  However I was put right by my brothers and sisters in the Community - to exclude a member of the Order from becoming president on the basis of being a priest would not be fair.  So I accepted. 
 
Since then I have had to endure certain members of the Community humming "Hail to the Chief" behind my back.  It will be a long three years!  Please pray for me so I will be able to fulfil my obligations of service to my brothers and sisters in the Community.
 
If you are interested in finding out more about the Discalced Carmelite Secular Order pop over here. For more information on our Community click here - we are always happy to welcome new members, so if you are a layperson or a Diocesan priest, you might consider becoming a Carmelite.

5 comments:

  1. POTSO!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC837oh98_Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Father. Very best wishes in your new appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Fr John, remember you have all the great Carmelite Saints to inspire and intercede for you in your new role. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure we were humming it to your face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Father. Wish You all the best in your new appointment.
    Greetings from Apatin(near Sombor)by your OCDS brother.
    http://www.karmel.hr/samostani/samostani-sombor.html
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete